Friday 28 September 2012

I was Abused – Justin Bieber’s Mum Reveals

Justin Bieber’s mum on Ellen!

POP idol Justin Bieber’s mum has told how she suffered years of sex abuse from the age of three.

Pattie Mallette, 36, was attacked by a string of male and female abusers.
The ordeal sent her into a spiral of drug and booze addiction, wild sex and a suicide attempt. In a book just released she reveals: “I did what I was told. Just like a good little girl.
“I was sexually violated so many times as the years went by it began to feel normal.”
Canadian Pattie’s abusers included a male babysitter and a friend’s grandfather.
She writes: “There were so many different abusers — young and old, male and female, familiar faces and those I barely knew.”

Bieber and mom……………
Pattie recalls her first long-term molester. She writes: “He was a familiar face in my family. He walked into the room where I played. I thought, ‘Why is he naked?’ I was confused.”
Of the moment another pervert targeted her, she says: “I was helpless. I thought, ‘Again? Why me?’”
Pattie tried to kill herself at 17 by throwing herself in front of a truck.
That year she became pregnant with My World singer Justin by a boyfriend. She is now a devout Christian and told US TV yesterday that she has not had sex for 15 years — after vowing to stay celibate until she marries.
Triple platinum album star Justin, 18, wrote in a foreword to her book: “My mom is the strongest woman I’ve ever met.”
Nowhere But Up: The Story Of Justin Bieber’s Mom is published by Revell.

Pattie Mallette
People have had mixed reactions to her revelation. Some have applauded her actions, claiming that her status would have an impact on other victims and encourage them to speak up. While others feel it is extremely gross and too private to share with the world. In the words of an annoyed reader:
Why do celebrities feel the need to tell everybody everything by going on chat shows and writing books? Surely it would be better to help charities that counsel abused victims. There seems to be an unseemly trend to make cash from it based on who they are or who they are connected to. People will become so used to hearing about the subject that they will become desensitized to the horror of it. This should never happen. Put sense before money. If she is strapped for cash, surely Justin can give her a few quid. 
Yet another:
I think it’s awful so many nasty comments…Nobody knows how someone who has been abused feels or even why they have reacted a certain way..Maybe writing this book has helped her come to terms with the horror she has suffered.It’s extremely hard to take that first step and tell someone..she is a very brave woman..
She could have been just an ordinary woman telling her story trying to help others IF she wasn’t trying so hard to sell it by using her son ie/ “Foreword by Justin Beiber”, “The Story of Justin Beiber’s Mum” Yuck!
Do we need to know this crazy tale ? more to the point why has her child grown up knowing about it ?
- Mimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment