Monday 8 October 2012

THE POWER OF ASKING & RECEIVING...A Testimony...No More Miscarriages -TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO...WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE


My husband and I got married about 10 years ago. During the first 6 years of our marriage, I had 6 miscarriages. The only thing I ever wanted to do was to be a wife and mother. This was so devastating to me. The doctors could not find out why I kept miscarrying. The longest I held the pregnancy was about 9 weeks. Its like I always expected the worst.

My relationship with God would have its ups and downs. I would pray, fast, and believe, and yet, I would lose another one. If I could only get through that first trimester. The day I went for an ultrasound and the doctor told me my baby had no heartbeat was so divesting to me. Most of the time, I miscarried before I had an ultrasound. I was all alone at that appointment. That was the longest drive home I have ever had. I cried all the way. I couldn’t understand why God would allow me to have the desire to be a mother and yet I couldn’t be. I prayed so hard to either take the desire from me, or to allow me to have a child.
In December 2007, I had my tonsils removed. My doctor had been trying to get me to have them out for a year or so. Finally, I did it. I was so nervous, I literally thought I would not make it through the operation. By the time Feb 2008 came around, I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant!! I couldn’t believe it! I had wanted this so bad, and yet I couldn’t believe that I didn’t know already. I was past the critical stage, and I was able to have a perfect ultrasound! My husband had told me that he wouldn’t let me go to another appointment alone.

I am so amazed that we were able to have a beautiful perfect little baby girl. I felt like I was on an emotional high for the entire first year. I didn’t want to be greedy, and I was fully content on having one child. But I prayed for us to have a boy, because I wanted my husband to have a son, and do all the father/son things. I specifically prayed for a boy. Amazingly, 10 days short of two years apart, I now have a son!! Both my pregnancies were problem free, even though I was treated as high-risk. Another thing was that I didn’t want to have a C-Section. I prayed that I would be able to have the babies naturally, and I was able to do that as well…The births were so easy and QUICK. To any of you out there who are experiencing infertility, I just want you to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had my first child in my 7th year of marriage…she was my 7th pregnancy. Amazing!!

By: Julie Patronas

2 comments: