Thursday 13 September 2012

Idris fires at Obasanjo again: “You be bad Papa” - Lobatan

The ‘war’ between former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and dancehall music star, Ediris Abdulkareem over his 2004 hit track, Jaga Jaga is fast becoming a tale of ‘a child who says his mother will not sleep, he too will not sleep.” Mr. Lecturer, as fans and admirers would call him is ready to ‘dance’ with OBJ, since he’s not ready to let the sleeping dog lies.
In 2004, Abdulkareem’s third album, Jaga Jaga, which lamented the corruption and suffering in Nigeria was banned from playing on radio by Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, although, it continued playing in nightclubs and parties.
Since then, many thought the case had been interred and faded into a cultural pot of time, only to resurface recently at a forum in Lagos when the retired military general lambasted the singer again, an indication that his indignation towards the Kano-born crooner is still raging and roiling.
Angered by OBJ’s comment, the singer fought back through his twit account, by calling the Ota farmer his ‘mugu.’ He tweeted: ‘It’s obvious that Obasanjo can’t do without me. I’m his joy therapy. Mr ex-president, Nigeria still dey jagajaga, in fact worse pass jagajaga‘, @idrisAbdulkarm twitted.

‘President Obasanjo if you truly love Goodluck as u claimed, why don’t you talk to your fellow Boko Haram member to let Goodluck rule in peace’.
Eedris didn’t stop there as he went on to call the PDP leader a ‘mugu’, ‘Mr expresident, I heard you were talking about me in ur last interview hahahahahhahah its obvious you can’t do without me. You are my mugu. Obasanjo na my mugu oooo na jeje i dey, u dey look for trouble oooo…. hahahahahhahahahahhahahah’. ‘Mr ex president, u be my mugu!’ he added.
Not still satisfied, Idris has released a new single, entitled ‘ Baba’ in his defense and to buttress his point that Nigeria is truly ‘Jaga Jaga.’
The lyric goes thus: “Papa na you born me but I no send you again because you no be good Papa,” he chants. “Which kind Papa dey oppress im pikin/Which kind Papa no like im pikin/Which kind Papa no want make im pikin grow. I tire, I never see this kind papa. For this moment I disown you/I no like you/ I dey look for another papa.”
“12 years ago Nigeria Jagajaga/Today Nigeria don pafuka/You be bad Papa/You no be fine Papa/You dey oppress pikin/Even for Abeokuta they no gbadun your style,” he says.
“I de my house dey watch television na im I see baba Ota dey yarn say my papa na yamayama/Say my mama na jagajaga. He say na Eedris be the problem of Nigeria. If you talk again, I go sing another. You say make them no give me show but I still dey survive. The road to your house for Ota na jagajaga/Make you sidon for your house make I live mylife,” he says.
The song is currently trending online as people are beginning to air their national frustration through it.
It would be recalled that Idris was one of the Remedies group before going solo. His debut album, P.A.S.S. (Pains and Stress = Success) was released in 2002 on Kennis Music. Released the same year and also on same label was Mr. Lecturer, which addressed the problem of students using money and sex to solicit higher grades in Nigerian colleges and universities. Also in 2004, Abdulkareem came to international attention as a result of a scuffle with American rapper 50 Cent on board an aircraft at Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.
In November 2005, Abdulkareem launched his own record label, La Kreem Music, and released his fourth album, Letter to Mr. President. The album’s title track addressed Obasanjo’s criticisms of “JagaJaga”; the album also featured “Flash Up Unu Lighter”, a tribute to Obasanjo’s wife, Stella, who died while undergoing surgery in Spain, and then victims of the Belleview Airline crash of October 2005.
Since music is no more paying the rapper, he has resorted to other things that could pay his bills faster. The man is now the founder of EedrisAbdulkareem Foundation, a fundraising organization dedicated to fighting the spread of HIV AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa in collaboration with the Pat Utomi Foundation.
Meanwhile, at the time of filling this report, the ex president is yet to reply the singer.
We’ll keep you posted while the ‘war’ lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment